1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Search doesnt work properly

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Tiansen, Sep 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Tiansen

Tiansen Thread Starter

Hello,

If I go browse some network drive files and put part of filename in upper right corner search box, I dont get all files that contain searched string in file name listed. Some files are listed, some not. Can I somehow tweak this search function so that it will perform correctly and list all affected files?

Thank you very much for your help!

2. bicycle bill

bicycle bill Banned

3. Tiansen

Tiansen Thread Starter

I'm a little skeptical how that would perform on network drives

4. Tiansen

Tiansen Thread Starter

Everything does not work on network drives. I want to filter display of network folder with upper right search box, that is present in Windows Vista. I fail to understand, how its possible that this function does not perform correctly - display all files that contain string, typed in search box, in filename. Can I do something about that or maybe there exists another replacement??

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/950125