1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

search forIt

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by debjerry, Sep 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. debjerry

debjerry Thread Starter

i keep getting this when i run spybot. how do i ban this for good? also what is it?

2. K-Man

K-Man

The only thing I could find on the Spybot website, was called 'search it'. If this is what you mean, it is definitely spyware.

As for getting rid of it: Does Spybot give the option to fix it?

I'm rather new at this stuff too, but don't give up debjerry! Someone will help you here! :)

3. brindle

brindle

A web search turned this up....from the S&D forum

please DO NOT fix, I repeat DO NOT fix SearchForIt, if u have SpywareBlaster installed, enable ALL protection with that. SearchForit is a small bug/false positive which Team Spybot kno about, and will remove from detection...in the comin' update, so just stay calm, untill this next update comes, u have a choice, u can either exclude SearchForIt, from future searches (until the next update arrives), or u can just let Search ForIt, show up, until the update comes....it's ure choice, i'm personally, just leave everythin' how it is, anxiously waitin' for the comin' update...

4. MFDnNC

MFDnNC

brindle is absolutely correct - it is a false positive and should go away in a later update.

For now leave it alone.

5. K-Man

K-Man

Yikes! :eek:

Hope I didn't mess things up here! :eek:

6. debjerry

debjerry Thread Starter

i already deleted it. what do i do now?

7. brindle

brindle

Never happen K-man

8. brindle

brindle

debjerry
    I wouldn't be concerned about it.JMHO........

9. HBLEAV

HBLEAV

It is a false positive.. But if you go to Spyware blaster(if you have that installed). you will see ONE item.. unprotected.. Just click to protect it. and all will be back to normal..That is the search for it..

Helene

10. debjerry

debjerry Thread Starter

thank you i think i just took care of it in spyware blaster.

11. HBLEAV

HBLEAV

(y)

Glad you took care of it..

Helene

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/273930

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice