1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Search menu opens behind an ad

Discussion in 'Site Help, Feedback, & Announcements' started by MPeg3, Oct 2, 2008.

Advertisement
  1. MPeg3

MPeg3 Thread Starter

I thought when I sent a donation, I wasn't supposed to get ads for a year, but there seems to be one there now that stays on top of the search menu. I can't close it (the ad) or get to the area to view my own messages. I see that I can get to the menu area now as I am writing this message. Wondering what this is about.

Thanks
    Peg

2. Sief9

Sief9

Download and install firefox (if your not already using it), because first, I'd recommend it over any other web browser. And second, there's an add-on for it called "Ad Block Plus" you can find it at the "add-ons" page in http://www.mozilla.com (The same place where you'd download firefox).

And what it does is block all the advertisments for you. And if you find one that isn't, you can right click on it and go to "adblock image".

And that might get rid of your problem.

Hope it helps! :)

3. TechGuy

TechGuy Administrator

First Name:
    Mike
    Using a program like Ad Block Plus only encourages the end of the free web. Sites like this cannot exist if people block ads.

You get no ads when you donate at least $20, but only if you include your TSG username. If you already sent in your donation, forward me the PayPal or credit card confirmation (and include your username) and I can get it all set up. Thanks!

4. hewee

hewee

I use Ad Block Plus, hosts file etc to block ads but I also pay to get no ads here. Not only does it help out this great site but your also get a better pay layout if you pay that is better then just hiding the ads.

5. Blackmirror

Blackmirror

I like to see Richard Hammond

mmm :p:p

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/755452

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice