Search prompt issue

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jtkola

Anyone who can help me I would greatly appreciatet it.

I made some simple mods to the folder options menu in XP. Basicaly just changing icons and stuff like that...nothing major.

My problem is, now everytime I double click on any folder, the stupid search companion pops up.

If I right mouse click and scroll down to open, I can open the folder that way...but not with a double click.

I'm not sure if this is the problem...but, when I right mouse click, the first word in the drop down menu is "search" in bold letters.

When I look at my "local disk icon" in my computer, the first word on the drop down menu is open, followed by explore than search.

I defaulted everything already...so no luck there.

Did I map something incorrectly?

Thanks

jtkola

Me again,

Since the double click actually does execute a window, I would guess it has nothing to do with the mapping of the mouse.

The fact that the search option is highlited and the first option on the drop down, makes me think either after the double click there is a disconnect and search is default to show up like a help menu...or it's just executing the first option in the pull down menu?

It's bugging me big time...I hope I don't need to reinstall because of this.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online