1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Search prompt issue

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by jtkola, Feb 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jtkola

jtkola Thread Starter

Anyone who can help me I would greatly appreciatet it.

I made some simple mods to the folder options menu in XP. Basicaly just changing icons and stuff like that...nothing major.

My problem is, now everytime I double click on any folder, the stupid search companion pops up.

If I right mouse click and scroll down to open, I can open the folder that way...but not with a double click.

I'm not sure if this is the problem...but, when I right mouse click, the first word in the drop down menu is "search" in bold letters.

When I look at my "local disk icon" in my computer, the first word on the drop down menu is open, followed by explore than search.

I defaulted everything already...so no luck there.

Did I map something incorrectly?

Thanks

2. jtkola

jtkola Thread Starter

Me again,

Since the double click actually does execute a window, I would guess it has nothing to do with the mapping of the mouse.

The fact that the search option is highlited and the first option on the drop down, makes me think either after the double click there is a disconnect and search is default to show up like a help menu...or it's just executing the first option in the pull down menu?

It's bugging me big time...I hope I don't need to reinstall because of this.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/326051

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice