Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Search Temporary Internet Files? (W2K)

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  telecom69 
#1 ·
Is there any reason why the 'Search' option in Windows 2000's Windows Explorer refuses to find any text in users' "Temporary Internet Files" folders? Searches for text in those folders always comes up empty even logged in as administrator.

Neither is there a right-click "Send to" option available while browsing those folders. Is there a security option somewhere that can be set to allow those functions?

#4 ·
telecom69 said:
5. On the View menu, click Details[/B].
I have no problem viewing the files there. I can do that right in Windows Explorer. The problem is trying to search for any text within the files there. I can double-click and launch an html file there, copy a couple of words it contains, and then search the folder(s) for those words... and I'll get no results. Even when I just copied text right from the file!

I often use this technique to find information from web pages after I go offline. That, and use 'Send to' on the right-click menu (in W98 at least) to send any file there ti Notepad or IE. But there's no such menu item when browsing the "Temporary Internet Files" folders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.