1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

search windows too small

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by oldwrinkles, Jan 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oldwrinkles

oldwrinkles Thread Starter

Hello everyone
    Once again I have a problem,nothing big,but a real irritation. We have a laptop with Windows7 and Chrome and one of the newer Internet explorers,probably 8 or 9. Things are always changing. We couldn't open our Yahoo mail for quite awhile,but now that straightened out. Now the Google and Yahoo search windows are very short and I can't find any answer to fix it. I tried reinstalling them and that didn't work. On my other laptop with Windows XP,it was possible to put the cursor on the edge of the search window and two little arrows would appear which would allow the border to be lengthened by dragging the edge. That has disappeared on my Windows XP but,thankfully,the search windows on that computer are the right size. We have AVG antivirus and Malwarebytes which are used regularly. I think it is just something with the darn Chrome or the newer IE. I would appreciate any suggestions.
    Thank You

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    How about a screen shot to show us what you mean? If you need help with that see TSG Posting a Screenshot. FWIW to take screen shots with Windows 8 or 7 or Vista I prefer to use the built-in Snipping Tool.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1087510

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice