1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Searchable Database

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by construxn, Jan 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. construxn

construxn Thread Starter

I'd like to try to build the site myself instead of hiring it out to others. This is how I want to try and configure it. It is possible that what I want can't happen or that I'll have to hire it out to be done because I'm lacking in the background needed to make it work.

Here goes.

I'm trying to build a membership driven searchable database that is similar to the yellow pages but 10x more effective for my particular audience.
    A client will set up an account and pay the user fee of $x.xx for the year. They put in their company information. With the information being gathered I want to have a feature that will allow them to say what territory they work in by either miles from a central point or by them pulling up a map and they draw on the map their territory.

Once the territory map or miles from a central point are chosen the zip codes will be input into their user data.

All this information will be searchable by other members.

I've seen a couple of other websites that have similar features but such a specific location feature except the mapping function in the "additional feature" shown on the www.reny.net/search-criteria.html

Thank you for any assistance you can provide me in figuring which programs may be out there that will work together in order to build this site or if it is something I should hire someone to do for me.

2. colinsp

colinsp

First Name:
    Colin
    Have a search around for 'Business Directory' scripts.

Alternatively look at your own Wordpress website with a Business Directory plugin.

Once you have decided how you want to do this and have something started come back here with specific problems that is what we try and help you to solve.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1141936

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice