1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Searching criteria in excel 2010

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Chrishird, Feb 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chrishird

Chrishird Thread Starter

Hello,

This is my first post so go easy on me.

I am a salesman mainly using two suppliers I have both suppliers full price lists (each have approx 9,000 rows) on one work book, but on separate worksheets.

What I am ideally wanting to achieve is to have a search function in another sheet which will then display only the rows with my required search.

Note - The description column has quite a lot of info for eg M8 UNC 5/8 x 50 set screws
    I would like to be able to search for example set screws, and then all the set screws from both suppliers to be shown on the new sheet. However I would also like to be able to search for example 5/8 and again for all 5/8 from both suppliers to be shown on the new sheet.

It would be perfect if I could make a search box at the top of the sheet with the results appearing below. I would also need it to renew the results after every search.

Any help much appreciated I have tried things with the find/search function and also the sort containing with function but none work perfectly.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1088418

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice