1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Searching emails in Gmail

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by JackAlabama, Mar 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JackAlabama

JackAlabama Thread Starter

I have just recently converted from using Windows Live Mail for my email to Gmail. Mainly because there was not an easy way to sync my contacts between WLM and my Android smartphone. Syncing is much better now, but the system differences is taking some getting used to. I notice when I am using Gmail and search for a past email, many times Gmail doesn't find it. I try it searching by contact name, by contact email address, and by subject. Of course, I can scroll back through my old emails and find it manually, but it is frustrating that Gmail cannot spot it quickly. It seems to have the most trouble when I am trying to find a SENT email. Sometimes, one I just sent yesterday. I click on the "Sent Mail" folder and the search box shows "in:sent". I type the info and nothing is found. I have tried it backspacing over the "in:sent", and with leaving the "in:sent" in place before my info. Neither way seems to help. Is there a setting I am missing?

2. nzkeyboard

nzkeyboard

First Name:
    Simon Peter Clotworthy
    Have you tried clicking the little black arrow next to the blue box with white magnifying glass to show search options??

Untitled.jpg

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1168964

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice