Searching for Apps

LJFried

is there a way -- other than doing it "manually" -- to show my apps in alphabetical order on the screen, to make it easier/faster to find them? Thank you.

plodr

Liz
What do you mean "doing it manually"?
Do you want your apps placed on your Home screen in alphabetical order?

LJFried

thank you -Mukith. yes, I guess it is but I was thinking about seeing all of the icons on the home screen, which seems to place them according to when I installed them, if I'm not mistaken. Thanks again. I'm an old Luddite, what can I say?

LJFried

Yes, Plodr - that was what I was asking about, if it's even possible. I meant sliding the icons around "manually" until they were in alphabetical order. thank you.

thank you -Mukith. yes, I guess it is but I was thinking about seeing all of the icons on the home screen, which seems to place them according to when I installed them, if I'm not mistaken. Thanks again. I'm an old Luddite, what can I say?
Nothing wrong with that. I can't think or find of an app that does this but surely it's out there

ABC launcher will do that. Makes your home screen look like your app draw that you can scroll and hide apps. If it had customisation it would be better. Seems like you can only hide apps

Adding launcherBoard as a widget might be an alternative. It allows you to search for apps by clicking the first letter of the app name

plodr

Liz
I meant sliding the icons around "manually" until they were in alphabetical order.
Yes. Most people prefer to have the most used on the home screen then the others on the 2nd or 3 rd screen.

To move an icon:
1. Hold your finger on the icon until a menu appears. You are not going to be doing anything with the menu.
2. Keeping your finger on the icon, slide it to where you want it. The icon there will move out of the way. Then lift your finger.

Keep repeating the holding an icon, sliding where you want it and then lifting your finger when it is in the proper location.

If you want to move an icon to another screen (screen 2 or 3) : hold your finger on the icon until you see a menu, then slide it to the right side of the screen. It will move to the next screen.

If you want to move an icon from the 2nd screen to the home screen, hold the icon down and slide it to the left side of the screen. It will move to the home screen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online