1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Searching Photos

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by GalleryHelp, Apr 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GalleryHelp

GalleryHelp Thread Starter

Does anyone have photos that look like the attachment? (note the big gray patch at the bottom)

Is there an easy way to search for all images like this?

Attached Files:

2. ChuckE

ChuckE

It is a damaged file, most probably a JPG file.
    On occasion most of us do get something like that. But I don't think you can search for any particular file characteristics of it. The file has data in the beginning few bytes telling the viewing tool how large the entire picture is. The file does have that number of bytes. The problem is that the variable data of the actual image itself is screwed up.

Good luck, but I don't expect you'll find an easy method of locating those screwed up images.

3. hewee

hewee

I have gotten some like that from the web but most times is because I downloaded it to fast. If you got it from the web then try again.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/699718

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice