1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Searching problem

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Deletedmember81584, Apr 6, 2004.

Mark Solved
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deletedmember81584

Deletedmember81584 Guest Thread Starter

Whenever I do a search on my computer, I get a popup message that says "Trying to connect". I don't have anything that is supposed to be connecting to the internet so I am confused.

Any one have any ideas?

Thanks!

2. sponsor

sponsor

download
    spybot and get all the updates before you run it. fix the errors it finds.

and
    download hijackthis, get the updates before you run it. make a directory in your C drive for hijack this and unzip to that directory, scan and save the log. cut paste the log in your next post.
    Do not fix anything. Just cut / paste the log in your next post.

3. Deletedmember81584

Deletedmember81584 Guest Thread Starter

Actually, that computer is no longer on the internet and I am using the libraries computer. I did have the latest version of Spybot & Ad-aware & HiJackThis and ran them & I am clean. I just don't know why it tries to connect to the internet when I search for things on my hard drive.

I guess I will have to wipe everything & reinstall.

Thanks!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/217899

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice