1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Searching unusual keyword using Windows search brings up results without that word

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by woodb, Nov 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. woodb

woodb Thread Starter

Details: I'm using Microsoft Word 2013, and Windows 8.

I'm having a heck of a time even googling this without getting completely useless results! Here's the problem. I create files based off templates. For some reason I have a couple templates that seem to have, *somewhere*, a word associated with them from a specific file that shows up in every. single. search.

So for example when I use Form A in 50 different files (with another 300 or so files before I started working here), and in one of those files the last name "Xawbat" was used (it's an unusual last name, so it's not an issue like "Smith"), when I search for "Xawbat" using Windows search, I get the Form A created for almost, if not every, one of those 350 different files Form A was used in. When I open any of those files in Word and search for Xawbat, I can't find it. I used "inspect document" in Word and it says there's no hidden text. Right click/Properties doesn't show it. Selecting the file and looking at the properties bar that shows up at the bottom of the window doesn't show it. I'm stumped, and also annoyed. I can remake the template, but that isn't going to help me when doing searches of old files. Has anyone had this issue, or have any idea where the word might be showing up? Thanks.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!