1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sec Slave Drive. ATAPI Incompatible Press F1 to Resume

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dimsey, Apr 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dimsey

dimsey Thread Starter

Hello Everyone this is my first forum question as I cannot use my CD Burner.
    I get the error message Sec Slave Drive.ATAPI Incompatible Press F1 to Resume at boot up and have to press the F1 key for the boot process to continue. My system is Intel P4 1.7 GHz, Giga G8-8SIML M/board,Samsung
    CD Burner 40r/24w/10rw, Samsung DVD Rom, Win XP Home EOM. My DVD is working fine and when you put a CD in the CD Burner the light at the front flashes as the CD spins .In the Device Manager of XP when you R click on the CD's properties the device status box says ,This device cannot start (Code 10) Things have been working fine until now .I use nero 5.05 for burning CD's
    I don't know alot about the software ,just how to burn CD's.

If anyone can point me in the right direction much appreciated
    I have read about a similar problem on this site but need more advice :eek:

regards dimsey

2. dimsey

dimsey Thread Starter

I thought of some more info, when I open My Computer the E:drive is not shown its like I don't have a CD Burner in my computer at all.
    the A: drive, C: drive, D: drive are all there like normal.

regards dimsey

3. dai

dai

check the eide cable at the back of the drive has not come adrift

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    You may also want to check the way the drive is jumpered - ie. Master/Slave/Cable Select. And in the BIOS change the setting of the Secondary IDE Device's to AUTO for the drives.

5. dimsey

dimsey Thread Starter

Thanks for the info, I checked the IDE cable ,and the jumper settings, set the Bios to Auto (which it was already) I borrowed a CD rom form a friend and installed it and Bingo every thing worked OK. Put my CD Burner in and same problem. I think my CD burner is not working ,I will take it to the PC shop I got it at it is still under warrenty.
    thanks for the help ,I have learned more about PC's in this last week than I have in a year.

regards dimsey

PS Do I have to end this thread or will that just happen automatically

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/223399

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice