1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

second hard drive not working...help!!!!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by trishacar, Feb 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trishacar

trishacar Thread Starter

hi guys can somone please help me.
    i have 2 hard drives on my computer i use the second hard drive (drive G) to store my music and stuff. but its packed up on me....when i try to click onto it, its wont let me in and says that this drive is not formated do i want to format it now....
    when i look on the monitoring thingie, it says that the drive is off line.
    it cant read it but it knows its there.
    it has been working for months without a problem so i dont understand why its doing it now....my mate tried to go into md dos on start up but there isnt an option to go there so no joy on that front.
    this drive holds every song that i have ever downloaded, and ordinaryly id cry and leave it at that but to add insult to injury my car was stolen last night with most of my cds that were in it at the time....if i cant get the files out of this drive then that will be my entrie music collection wiped out in the space of about 10 mins!!!!
    somone please help me!

2. mattice06082

mattice06082

SpinRite is a software solution that can save you as long is there isn't anything physically wrong with the drive. It isn't cheap, $89, but it's saved me in the past and it sure beats having to repurchase all your music. In the future, you should get an external USB drive to backup all your data.

3. trishacar

trishacar Thread Starter

thanks but im out of work so spending money is a problem

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/541547

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice