Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Second life screenshots freezes computer

647 views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  Tanis 
#1 ·
Hello. I run Second life. for 9 years. recently. last couple of months, when I try to take a large photo. screenshot like 5000x5000 for instance. my GPU memory. goes from 2GB. normal gameplay, to 10GB. freezes the game and computer. my GPU is 4GB with 6 GB shared. IDK what has changed to freeze and use all the GPU ram now?
Nvidia 1050ti 4 GB. GPU

#3 ·
The 3D graph shows the amount of GPU processing being used to render 3D images, so you are maxing out your GPU regularly according to that graph. This isn't surprising really as the 1050 is an old GPU (released 2016) and was only about mid tier when it was released.

What is the rest of your system? If its a prebuilt PC please provide the exact make and model including any upgrades you may have done.

If its a custom/self build what are the exact make and model for the motherboard, CPU, RAM, power supply (make, model and wattage)?

Can you also run the TSG System Info utility (link below in my signature) and copy/paste the information into a reply.

#4 ·
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit, Build 19041, Installed 20200828020111.000000-300
Processor: AMD FX(tm)-6300 Six-Core Processor, AMD64 Family 21 Model 2 Stepping 0, CPU Count: 6
Total Physical RAM: 16 GB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
Hard Drives: C: 111 GB (10 GB Free);
Motherboard: MSI 970 GAMING (MS-7693), ver 4.0, s/n To be filled by O.E.M.
System: American Megatrends Inc., ver ALASKA - 1072009, s/n To be filled by O.E.M.
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

#6 ·
All drivers are up to date. for a couple of days last week after windows did the update patch, I took a few pictures. and no problem at all. then it is now back the same, crashing and maxing out GPU memory. and the shared memory too. plus whatever that 3d program is.

#7 ·
I would start with updating Windows to remove any potential issues there, you are not on the latest version.

19041 (v2004) was release May 2020 but 19042 (v20H2) came out in Oct 2020.

Having you C: is a small drive and is almost 90% full (only 10Gb free space), this isn't going to help with system performance. I would review what you have on the drive and see if you can free up some space. If you have a secondary hard drive they ensure you are storing data on that drive as much as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.