1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Second monitor not recognised

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Jymjam13, Jun 16, 2019.

1. Jymjam13

Jymjam13 Thread Starter

so I just set up my computer with two monitors. Both monitors work connected direct to computer both on hdmi and vga but if I try to connect the second monitor to the first or even swapped the second monitor doesn’t exist to the computrr

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Hello Jymjam13, and welcome to TSG.

When you say, "Both monitors work connected direct to computer both on hdmi and vga" do you mean that both monitors work correctly when both are connected at the same time to two different video output ports on the computer? If so, please clarify what is the problem.

In any case, please tell us the brands and model numbers of both monitors. Also, tell us the brand and full model number of the computer and/or the motherboard. If you have a video controller board plugged into the motherboard, please tell us the brand and exact model number of the controller board and NOT the brand and model number of the video controller IC on the video board.

EDIT: If you are using a plug-in video controller board in a computer that also has a video controller built into the motherboard, the motherboard video is usually disabled.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1228651

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice