1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Second monitor Stuck in Power Save Mode

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by RyGuyZA, Jun 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. RyGuyZA

RyGuyZA Thread Starter

Good day forum.

My LG D2343 is stuck in power save mode.

Tried different cables and my main monitor works fine on all GPU ports.

Reseated the ram and tried a different GPU.

Tried multiple restarts.

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    If monitor "one" is working with all of the GPU ports and cables, but monitor "two" is not, then it sounds like a faulty monitor.

I assume that you have tested all of the various ports and cables using only a single monitor at a time?

3. RyGuyZA

RyGuyZA Thread Starter

Yes. All cables work on the other monitor.

Managed to get a feed. It’s stuck on 1078 x 768. Completely pixelated and blurry. When I change the res to 1920 x 1080 it remains the same. See attached.

Attached Files:

4. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Doesn't appear as if it's being properly recognized (ie: wrong native resolution listed).

You can try manually updating/reinstalling the video drivers. Aside from that, I'd still suspect the monitor (especially as the other is working normally).

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1228917

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice