1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Second screen recognised but blank

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by McSmiles, Aug 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. McSmiles

McSmiles Thread Starter

I have a MS Surface running Windows 10 and two additional Samsung screens. Running it as a dual screen leaves the second screen blank.

This is the exact same set-up I have had working previously, so I know it can work. I have had the Surface replaced under warranty and now the second Samsung monitor remains blank.

It gets detected fine. It's just blank. If I unplug the other screen then the blank one lights up, but only with what was previously on the other screen. Plug the other one back in, and the display goes blank again.

Both screens are listed under Monitors in Device Manager as Generic PnP Monitor. Driver is Intel (R) Iris (R) Plus Graphics 640

Help would be much appreciated!

2. bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522

Check your display settings with all 3 plugged in. It may just needs to be identified or detected from with in windows. So click on detect first and then click identify.

Question: Are you wanting you use all 3 screens as a single screen? If so make sure it's set up to "Extend" displays.

3. McSmiles

McSmiles Thread Starter

Thanks. Here's what i get...

upload_2018-8-15_12-52-50.png
    I don't get any options to do anything with the second screen.

upload_2018-8-15_12-53-58.png

What i'm after is to have the same on screens 1 (the Surface) and 3. I don't really care if the Surface display is blank, i never look at it. Screen 2 is just an independent screen. Or it should be....

Attached Files:

4. McSmiles

McSmiles Thread Starter

So, it looks like the problem is the second display "isn't active". How do i make it active?

upload_2018-8-15_13-2-41.png

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1214431

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice