1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Second user account

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by rebon, Feb 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rebon

rebon Thread Starter

I run windows xp and my grandson has started to use my pc :eek: Well as you can imagine this could lead to lots of bother when he starts messing around with my folders.

So i thought i'm sure you can set up a second user with xp.
    So off i go to the acounts in control panel and set him up an account.

There are files on my account i want to share with his account, mainly he likes to use some of the games i have installed. I right clicked the games and allowed sharing, thinking that was it but alas when i go to his account i dont seem able to get the shared folders to work?

So im missing something and i know there must be away to allow a second user to have access to limited files that i choose.

Can anyone give me a link to a good step by step tutorial?

thx...rob

2. 0tbyn8r

0tbyn8r

Don't know if this will help but never hurts to try.
    Right click on the application you want to use, go to properties, shortcut then advanced. Tick the check box which says 'run with different credentials'. By enabling this option it will "allow you to run this shortcut as another user..."

3. rebon

rebon Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply, ill do just that.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/119142

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice