Secondary hard disk unseen by PC

sardaukar

Hello everyone,
I am having problem with my PC. It has two physical HDD: one (C: ) for system and documents; second (E: ) - for movies, photos.
Few weeks ago, E: started to behave strangely. Initially PC saw that disk, but when clicked - "no such disk", some time later I saw message that "Disk is not formatted". I did not take any action.
PC did not experience fall or any kind of physical damage. I have legal antivirus software installed and do not download any pirated software.
E: did not have any accesbility problems for several yes (since PC is several years old).

Recently tried to run Chkdsk, but it does not see E:

Since I am at work now, cannot post any log of that disk. Any help on how to try to extract datya would be really appreciated.

Fireflycph

Morten
I'd try to run a diagnostic on the hdd. Most manufacturers have their own utilities for thet.
If not you can download Seagate's "SeaTools". Create a bootable USB or DVD then try to run to see whether the disk has issues.

Also try to move to a different port - if possible - on the board. As well as trying a different cable.

Click HERE to download the bootable version for USB.

And

Click HERE to see a tutorial on how to use the it.

crjdriver

All drives fail; it is only a question of when your drive will fail. This is just one reason why we stress backups so much.
The above is good advise. Reseat both pw and data cables. If possible, use a different sata port on the motherboard and a different sata cable. Run the mfg's diagnostic on the drive. Be sure to run both the short and long tests.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online