1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Secondary Video Card & Vista

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by MoralEffigy, Oct 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MoralEffigy

MoralEffigy Thread Starter

I've recently, as in a few hours ago, made a switch from XP to Vista. The issue I'm encountering is not with my main video card, but with a secondary. My main card is an ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro, which runs just fine for me with the change to Vista. However, I'm in need of running a system with 3 monitors. Prior to my switch, I ran two monitors from the 2600Pro card, and a third monitor from a secondary card which is an ATI Radeon 9250. The secondary card I need to use is a PCI slot, unfortunately not AGP or PCIe. After installing, I cannot get Vista to recognize the 9250 card as a secondary adapter, it says it turns the card off. Reading around I find mixed statements about the 9250's compatability with Vista. Thing is, I'm not trying to use the 9250 to run the system. The 2600Pro is the PC's main adapter and everything is working perfectly. I just am really looking for a way to enable my third monitor while running Vista. Unfortunately on this computer all the extra slots (aside from the main slot that the 2600Pro is in) are PCI only slots. I only have one slot that isn't PCI, and it's running the 2600Pro and it's two monitors. Is there any possible way to get Vista to allow a PCI card to work just as a secondary to allow output to my extra monitors? If not the Radeon 9250 I have, is there any other PCI card that I can use that will work?

Thanks for your time.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/645786

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice