1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Secret Weapon to Take Iraq to Stone Age

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by angelize56, Feb 14, 2003.

Advertisement
  1. angelize56

angelize56 Always remembered in our hearts Thread Starter

Now do you think this is really true? Take care, angel

Secret Weapon to Take Iraq to Stone Age
    22-Jan-2003

The U.S. has a secret weapon they plan to unleash in the war against Iraq called "<b>high power microwave technology</b>" or HPM. Officially, HPM is classified, but <b>information has leaked out (probably intentionally, in order to scare Saddam)</b>. It was originally designed to be used in the Star Wars program, but will be <b>delivered to Iraq in Cruise missiles</b>. It's a microwave weapon that can <b>unleash 2 billion watts of electricity at the speed of light and destroy all electronics within 1,000 feet</b>. All computer records, as well as radio and TV transmitting ability, will be destroyed and will have to be rebuilt. The buildings in Iraq will still be standing, and <b>most people will not be hurt</b>, but functionally, the country will be back in the stone age. Since HPM results in little loss of life, it may change people's opinions about the upcoming war.
    <b>HPM will cause huge disruptions in the delivery of goods such as food and medicine to the average Iraqi citizen, and all bank records will be wiped out. HPMs destroy nearby heart pacemakers and other hospital support systems, as well as cause airplanes to fall from the sky</b>. However, this is basically a <b>humane weapon</b> (if there can be such a thing). Air Force Colonel Eileen Walling says, "There are signs that microwave weapons will represent a revolutionary concept for warfare, principally because microwaves are designed to incapacitate equipment rather than humans."

Maybe we’ll eventually graduate from HPM to even more esoteric ways of fighting a war.

2. n2gun

n2gun

Angel
    The thought is scary. Microwave technolgy is growing fast and as many know the government is not going to tell us and the world about secret weapons. When I was in the service I came across some areas where security was extremely tight which gave an indication even then that some things were well guarded even from the average GI.

3. angelize56

Jerry: On the same subject, read post # 38 <a href="http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?postid=727190#post727190"> here</a> in the Emergencies thread. I've been hearing that the war against Iraq, a terror attack or both may occur tomorrow! I'll be praying extra hard tonight for all the servicemen/women over there and for all of us in the US and abroad...as one never knows where these cowardly terrorists will attack next. Take care. angel

4. CyBerAliEn

CyBerAliEn

I've seen and heard stuff about HPM quite some time ago (several years). It was in good development at the time (years prior to Sept. 11th ;)), and I would not be surprised if it was good to go against Iraq. I do believe they also tested it back then as well (smaller scale), and it worked as intended. Will be interesting to see if it is used. But I feel I have to note that the only loss of life due to this "weapon" being used would be those who have pace makers or are dependant on an electronic for life (and no, needing a computer to visit these forums does not count ;)).

As for the war, I am personally not as worried as some of you seem to "voice". It is serious of course, but I get the impression from several posts here that some of you spend 24/7 worrying over this and becoming due for a stomach ulcer ;). War is more than likely to get going sometime "soon"... but you need to continue living your life as you did and want to. But if you want to be anxious and depressed over a war, it is your life!

Also realize this war only "feels" worse because everyone has woken up to what has been going on in the Middle East for quite awhile now. All the media and several topics at several forums all seem to revolve around this. A war with Iraq will be big, but realize it is in the near same conditions as it was 4 years ago, 5 years ago, 8 years ago, and back to Desert Storm, if not in our favor (Iraqi "war technology" hasn't really gone anywhere in 10 years, most of what they have is what they have left from the earlier war).

Basically what I am trying to say is some of you really need to LIVE your life. I have NEVER felt as depressed as I do when I visit this forum and read posts from Angelize56 and Valley about "armagadeon" ;)

Just chill out a little and live your life and deal with what comes at you as it does, and prepare for whatever might come your way. But don't obsessively worry yourself needlessly over it.

And Valley/Angel, no offense with my post. It just a bit depressing when you all you read is voicing that the world in ending. ;)

5. valley

valley

I'm not offended but I am kinda confused here, Cyber. Where have I said that I live in fear or am worrying over what might happen?

If I have given you the impression that I am terrified and living in fear then you have read me wrong.

America is a pampered country....and I thank God that I live here, where it is safe rather than in countries where women and children live in fear every day, where war and death are a way of life for them. But I know that whatever happens, God will give me the grace to cope.

For some of us...the current threat of war is a new feeling and some people want to talk about it because it comforts them and helps them to make a bit more sense of it. No doubt, it upsets a lot of folks and we all have our own "what if's" to think about....but no one has said that this is the end of the world. All angel has done is post some articles that other people wrote. I havent seen her say the world is ending at all, have you?

Cyber...I think the issue you have has very little to do with me and marlene and has more to with what is going on in the world around us. Thats just my opinion. I cant make you feel anything you dont want to feel, ya know? If you are feeling depressed....all I can offer is prayer and if you are not the praying kind then I can share a happy thought with you. Some good things to look forward to. :)

Here is one: "Think Summer!" sweet smelling green grass, wild flowers, warm breezes, no more coats, fresh air coming in your windows at night, bbq's, camping, baking in the sun, catchin' fireflies and hearing the sound of frogs, crickets, the whipporwills after dark :)

Dont worry about what goes on here, ok? If me and angel bug you, then just avoid us for awhile. Better days are coming.

6. angelize56

Val: Very eloquently said. :) Thanks for clearing that up. I don't live in fear all the time..I just have occassional bouts of foreboding...which quickly disappear when I think of today, not tomorrow. Take care. Marlene :)

Cyber: I'm not offended either. You were stating how you felt like we all do. :) Take care and stay safe. angel :)

7. CyBerAliEn

CyBerAliEn

I meant nothing in particular. But going through all the forums I go through on a daily basis, it gets a little depressing and old seeing post after post after post after post about the war, Bush, Saddam, France, Germany, weapons, etc.

I think I just happened to mention you two particularly because the first few posts I got to today were from you two and war-related ;)

I understand what your saying and all... but you have to admit, wouldn't it get very old if the only thing you saw in the news and newspapers was stories about Michael Jackson for a few months? I would hope so... ;)

8. valley

valley

I understand what you mean. Too many war-related threads are probably as irksome to you just as too many religious threads are irksome to others ;)

9. hewee

hewee

10. combsdon

combsdon

11. Tuppence2

Tuppence2 Guest

:p :cool: :D hewee

comsdon - I can't get your link to open, off to download something that might help.

Penny:)

12. n2gun

n2gun

Hewee
    Good link. Really enjoyed it.;)

Lots of good info.:D :D :D

13. hewee

hewee

He hee I got that in a email this morning from a friend. :D

14. LANMaster

LANMaster Banned

War is not meant to be fought fairly.

I'm all for a weapon that kills fewer people, and destroys the enemie's capability to make war.

I can't imagine anyone against this program.

15. ajdupont

ajdupont

Hewee I can't get to your link. :(

combsdon that was good.:D :D

ajdupont

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/118836

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice