Section of MOBO failing...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Evasiege

I think the part where my LED cables connect into that show HD activity and light in the power switch is malfunctioning. Ive tried to rearrange the cables on the prongs in every way possible and in one spot they turn on, but are ALWAYS on reguardless of whether the computer is or not. Which means that it isnt the bulbs themselves that are failing. I figure it has to be that part of the motherboard or something wrong with polarity... Is there any possible way I can fix this problem without having to replace my entire MOBO( only 1 year old)? I mean I kinda want it fixed but not enough to have to send back to the manufacturer. Oh and they stopped working before I started to move things around. Anyone help me out?

Good Evening Evasiege, those pinouts are arranged for ease of layout and to maintain the front panel connections together.
The connections should not be improperly connected in any way
and the leads need the correct connection orientation.
The front panel glowing indicators are all LEDs, (Light Emitting Diodes) and are all polarity conscious.
The on/sw and res/sw are momentary contact switches and may cause damage to the board it incorrectly placed.

You need to carefully study your motherboard and it's manual to ensure you get this right.

You will find it easier if you do them one at a time, begin with the on/sw then confirm it switches on, then try the PWRLED and confirm it remains on when the power is switched on, move on to the HDDLED and confirm it flashes in conjunction with hard drive activity.
The speaker is simple, a four pin plug usually and the RES/SW is again simple.
qldit.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online