Secure exturnal HDD/Flash drives

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bobcoolos

I would like to secure my exturnal hardrive/flash drives. What software would be easy to use. I would like that any location that i take the drive the password would traval with it. If it matters i have computers the run on XP Pro, Vista 32 Home Premium, Vista 64 Ultimate.

Tnx in advance,
Bob

bobcoolos

cool i may give it a try. reading it on their website it sounds a little bit advanced but i may be able to learn how to use it.

I'm not sure if there is an app that is as simple a just right click on a folder/file and just hit lock or password protect but that would be cool if one is out there.

I dont mind paying a little bit for the app as long as its easy and it works.

truecrypt is a great free prog with excellent encryption algorithm but many users have found it too difficult to use.

a simpler alternative is AxCrypt: http://www.axantum.com/AxCrypt/. it doesn't have such an advanced algorithm but is much simpler to use

bobcoolos

truecrypt is a great free prog with excellent encryption algorithm but many users have found it too difficult to use.

a simpler alternative is AxCrypt: http://www.axantum.com/AxCrypt/. it doesn't have such an advanced algorithm but is much simpler to use

Cool tnx for the link to that software its great and very easy to use.

I have some large drives (1tb/500g/300g/300g) and few smaller ones. Is there another app to just put a simple passphrase (no encryption) on the the less impotant folders/files?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online