Secure Shell and forced Password changes

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Squashman

Trusted Advisor
I have my login.defs setup to force password changes every 28 days and starts warning my users 7 days in advance.

Now my problem occurs when they wait to the last day and it forces them to change there password. When they logon with there shell client it authenticates and kills the shell client because there authentication tokens have expired. It will not bring up the force password change prompt and I will end up having to reset there password for them.

If the user logs onto the console everything works fine. The password prompt comes up immediately if their password has aged 28 days. But I dont let anyone access the console.

Why wont the forced password change work when a user secure shells into the server?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts