Solved Secure-surf.net and play-bar.org Virus

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Jeremyfto

Hi! So I got a few viruses on my computer a couple of weeks ago. They were really bad and would crash my computer to blue screen on start up. I got rid of most of them using IObit and Malwarebytes. I also did a system restore on my C Drive when I got tired of trying to mess with the viruses. The system restore worked like a charm on getting full capabilities back to my computer but my browser was on my F drive since that is my primary storage drive.
Every time I open up my browser or open up a new tab it will go to Secure-surf.net. It will also have a alternative search bar that redirects you to play-bar.org. I have deleted and reinstalled Chrome. I have wiped out the data in AppData that had anything to do with browsers and/or I didn't recognize. I have tried Malwarebytes Ad-ware removal and scanned with Malwarebytes and IObit, multiple times. I really don't know where this virus is hiding and it is quite annoying to deal with because it sometimes redirects me to that page when I open up a new link. It also places three extra ads on my Google searches that aren't Google ads.
Any tips on getting this virus off my computer?

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G2020 @ 2.90GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 58 Stepping 9
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 7647 Mb
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series, -2048 Mb
Hard Drives: C: 111 GB (37 GB Free); F: 931 GB (763 GB Free); Y: 0 GB (0 GB Free);
Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., P8H61-M LE/CSM R2.0
Antivirus: Malwarebytes, Enabled and Updated

Jeremyfto

Just to clarify, I only system restored my C Drive. I did not have system restore set up for my F drive or I would have restored that as well.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online