Secure websites

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Mrcobra

Ok I have a friend who has a win xp os on a dell. She has gone through dell help as well as tech help via her internet provider. What she is running into is, she cannot gain access to a page that is a secure website. (one in which you have to log into I guess) I believe she said that she is getting a pop up that says this page has expired, try to refresh or something on those lines. Bottom line is she cannot get to secure websites. Ex) Amazon.com Any ideas or thoughts on this ?

Thank you

Mrcobra

no she does not.......I had her type in the url instead of using the favorite to see if that worked, but it didn't.

I assume she is using IE as a browser? Make sure she is allowing cookies for the troubled site and that in Tools > Internet Options > Advanced under security she has both the 'Use SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0 checked.

Mrcobra

BillC said:
I assume she is using IE as a browser? Make sure she is allowing cookies for the troubled site and that in Tools > Internet Options > Advanced under security she has both the 'Use SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0 checked.
Yes she is using IE, sorry I forgot to mention that. I will have her do what you have suggested here and get back to you sometime tomorrow night.....

thank you

I had this happen to me once, have her clear the certificates under internet options; Contents tab, they can become corrupt and cause this problem. She might also delete the temp internet files.

Best of luck!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online