Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Secured wireless problem in vista

792 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  TerryNet 
#1 ·
I have recently bought a toshiba satellite laptop with vista 64 home premium installed on it. The problem is that I cant connect to WPA-encrypted secured wireless connection @ home although it works just fine with unsecured or WEP-encrypted connections . I am sure all settings are all right on both of the laptop and the router.I think it is a common problem that microsoft has to fix it. FYI , I have linux installed beside vista and it has no problem at all with WPA-encrypted wireless connections .

#2 ·
I don't think it's a common Vista problem--in fact, Vista seems to work better with WPA(2) than with WEP.

Make sure you have the latest wireless driver. If it is an integrated adapter the driver should be from Toshiba's web site.

Another thing to try is to make sure you have the latest firmware upgrade. Then reset the router to factory default settings and reconfigure it.

#3 ·
Thanks for your reply , windows says the wireless driver is up to date.
I have already reconfigured the router over and over again, also changed the channel number but the wireless connection only works once or twice afterwards . BTW , the wireless connection is established very fast when using linux.

#4 ·
windows says the wireless driver is up to date.
One more reason for me to say ...

Make sure you have the latest wireless driver. If it is an integrated adapter the driver should be from Toshiba's web site.

You don't want Windows messin' with your drivers, especially not your wireless driver when you have a problem that sounds like a driver issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.