1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Security Alerts

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by mglanger, Feb 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mglanger

mglanger Thread Starter

My computer is running Windows XP.

When I change sites a warning screen comes up one or more times which says in part:

Security Alert
    You are about to view pages over a secure connection or it advises that I am leaving a secure site.

There is a box to check if you do not want the warning to show again in the future.

Checking the box does not stop future warnings.

On the advanced tab of Internet Explorer Options, I deleted the check mark for," Warn if changing between secure and not secure mode." The check mark reappears when I return to the option screen.

I was advised in another forum to edit the registry setting for this alert. However, the existing setting was correct.

Any ideas as to how to stop these warnings would be appreciated!

2. ODIN 0ERO

ODIN 0ERO Guest

try using SYSTEM RESTORE to return your system to its previous state.

try REINSTALING INTERNET EXPLORER.

3. mglanger

mglanger Thread Starter

Thanks for replying..............System Restore was one of the first things I tried and it didn't work. Is IE a separate program that can be uninstalled?

4. ODIN 0ERO

ODIN 0ERO Guest

yes it is.

look it up in ADD OR REMOVE PROGRAMS in CONTROL PANEL.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!