Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Security cameras

743 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  renegade600 
#1 ·
I want to install 2 wireless security cameras myself to "watch" my 2 doors. I need to know if I can use my android tablet to monitor them? If yes, any recommendations as to the brand of camera that's best? Any help is appreciated.

#2 ·
What's best is dependent on your technical abilities, mounting location (if the camera is going to be outdoors), availability for power, if night vision performance is important, if 2 way audio is needed, and recording of video footage.

With that said, a very popular solution which is in between the bargain basement cameras and the high end commercial grade units are the cameras from Hikvision/LTS. LTS uses Hikvision hardware and installs their own firmware into them. LTS is also US based. I have a Hikvision system currently. The system does require some technical ability to get up and running. Hikvision has an app that allows you to access their NVR for reviewing recorded video or live stream from the cameras. Video performance is very good to include night vision.

I prefer this solution as it does not require any of the stupid cloud services all of the systems targeted at home consumers require. No worries about privacy, no worries about public hacks, and no worries about your equipment being useless paper weights if the manufacturer decides to turn off cloud support.

#3 ·
watch the doors from inside or outside? I use ring doorbell to watch both of my doors from the outside and use ring cams to watch from the inside. everything I have is battery operated. You can view them on android. In the end, there are a lot of choices, I tried wireless wyze cams first but decided against them. Just about any of them can be views on android.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.