Security Center can't turn on Windows Firewall

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

brokenWindow

For whatever reason Vista has decided to turn off it's firewall. I've tried to turn it back on but it says "Security Center can't turn on Windows Firewall". I then try to click on the link that says "Turn on Windows Firewall manually", and once inside it says that windows firewall is "on".

Despite any of this, I constantly get security warnings that my firewall is down. Is this something I should worry about? Could this be something to do with malware or is Vista just acting screwy again?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

-Lou

I should probably note that this all happen once I tried to upgrade my virus protection software, after all the fuss and trouble I had with installing and then uninstalling it, I gave up, got my money back and went with a trial version of ESET software, which doesn't have a firewall. Trend Micro also messed with my internet connection and Firefox now loads super slow.

I believe I finally deleted all of the trend micro software install but my firewall is still acting freaky.

halp! :eek:

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online