Security Failure Audit in Event Viewer?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

8dalejr.fan

I was looking at my Event Viewer, something I do regularly to make sure everything looks good, and there were two "Failure Audits" under Security.

• One was a logon/ logoff one that said "unknown user name or bad password".
  • The other one was an account logon attempted by the Microsoft Authentication Package.

Both of these failures said they occurred today, 1/7/06 at 1:08pm.

The only time I turned my computer on today was at 9am and again at 11:10am. That is the only time any account logging on was done, and I have the only account on the computer (administrator). The Welcome screen always says "Welcome" and loads automatically since I only have one account.

This link looks like the messages, but I wasn't doing any "Welcome Screen" logging on at the time:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/305822/en-us

What could have caused those failures and are they anything to be worried about? The only other set of Failure Audits were from last week with the same two messages.

The only thing that I could have been doing at 1:08pm was checking my emails from Outlook, but I clicked "Cancel" because it was taking too long. Is that what caused it?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts