1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Security permissions form not responding

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Tag2006, Nov 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tag2006

Tag2006 Thread Starter

Hi Guys,
    Im using WinXP pro with SP2

Im trying to change a folders permission(C:\Program Files) so that i have full access to it.

I right click the folder and choose properties and then the security tab.. from there if I try to alter permissions in any way it freezes up or i get the form not responding message and i never manage to do it?
    I try to add mtself with my user account so that I can get full permission but when i do this or alter the same hapens Form NOT Responding
    Any suggestions of how to do this or whats up?

Ive tried going through start>> accessorys>> windows exporer>> but each time it stops responding.

Thanks again
    Tag

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/650907

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice