1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

security settings prohibit running of active-x

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by mike kirklan, Feb 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mike kirklan

mike kirklan Thread Starter

:confused: every time i turn the computer on it will stay on for a while then it starts telling me this program has performed an illegal operation and will shut down and then takes me offline or it will say your current security settings prohibit running of active-x can anyone help please the computer is a hewlett packard

2. steamwiz

steamwiz

Hi mike

These sound like two totally unrelated problems

If you post your startup list we may be able to spot something

Please post your startup list by doing the following :-

Please go here and download startuplist 1.51 :-

http://www.lurkhere.com/~nicefiles/

Download to any folder or your desktop
    Unzip the zipfile
    Double click the exe file
    go to Edit - select all - copy - and paste the results in a new post here

steam

3. jdemnyan1116

jdemnyan1116

Possibility, left click internet explorer icon on desktop, click properties. Go to security tab, go to custom level on the bottom, click on settings. Make sure the bottom part of the tab is set to medium. Check to see if the boxes at the top have a green tab in the accept Active X controls if they are signed.

4. mike kirklan

mike kirklan Thread Starter

thanks a lot guys i finnaly found my problems it seems i had several missing shortcut links when i installed my system recovery disk all problems have been fixed thanks for all your help:D

5. steamwiz

steamwiz

mike

Glad you got it sorted and thanks for letting us know

steam ;)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/118790

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice