1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Security tab in Windows 2003

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by penartur, Sep 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. penartur

penartur Thread Starter

I have Windows Server 2003 Enterprise.
    On any folder or file, after open properties, I see only 4 tabs: General, Sharing, Web Sharing and Customize.
    How can I set security options for the folder?

2. Tushman

Tushman Banned

I think the security tab is only for NTFS drives/volumes.

3. penartur

penartur Thread Starter

Thank you for the answer!
    OK, I convert my system volume to NTFS and see tab Security.
    I create user MYWEB with empty password and append to it all permissions for folder D:\MYINETPUB, create new webserver on port 86, with new Application Pool, named MYWEB, I see this folder correctly.
    But, after I change username and password in Applications Pools->MYWEB->Properties->Identity to username:MYWEB and empty password.
    I get on all pages:
    <h1>Service Unavailable</h1>.
    Please, tell me, how can I create webserver that would be have special permissions, not as IWAM_COMPUTERNAME?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/166314

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice