Security Toolbar 7.1

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

shaun2050

Can anyone tell me how i remove this ? everytime i load internet explorer this is the message I get -

Warning
[email protected] is a virus that infects files with .exe extensions. It attempts to steal passwords and private information from the infected computer,.

Type: Virus
Infection length: 138,293 bytes
Systems affected: Windows 95, 98, ME, NT, Windows XP and Windows Vista
Systems not affected: DOS, EPOc, Linux, Macintosh, Novell Netware, OS/2, UNIX
Technical Details: 1. Creates files in %Windir%\ directory. By default,this is C:\Windows.
2. Adds values to registry keys: HKEY_LOCAL_MNACHINE\software\\Microsoft\windows\CurentVersion\Run
3. Scans the hard drive for .exe files and infects any executable files. Searches for passwords/information, which it may send to a remote attacker.
Recomendation: Click "OK" to download officially approved security software. Always keep your patch levels up to date.

My hompage has been changed to the following http://thesafetyfiles.com/ and I am unable to change this. I've scanned my computer using Windows Defender but it aint picking anything up and Avast doesn't pick anything up either. Any ideas how i can get rid of this would be greatly received. Thanks

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online