1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Secutity Template

Discussion in 'General Security' started by -Norwood-, Apr 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. -Norwood-

-Norwood- Thread Starter

Hello all...

I was hoping to see if anyone had a secure Windows XP security template they'd like to share. Or, alternatively, know of a website other than CIS that has template available for downloading.

Thanks!

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

What template are you referring to? For which program, I mean?

3. -Norwood-

-Norwood- Thread Starter

Really?

Security templates. I don't know how else to explain it...

I guess the program would be Windows.

Try Googling security templates or look at the CIS website I mentioned to get an idea.

There's also tons of articles on how to work with Windows security at Microsoft's website, Technet etc etc.

If you've ever worked in any capacity in the IT world you'd know what I'm referring to.

4. lunarlander

lunarlander

5. tomdkat

tomdkat Retired Trusted Advisor

"template" can have two different meanings here.

In broad sense, it can mean "security configuration recommendation or suggestion", meaning recommended or suggested configuration settings are posted to "lock down" a system.

In a more narrow sense, it can mean "a base of of configuration settings for a particular application or operating system that serves as a good starting point for securing the system or application." In this sense, the user can make additional changes to "tune" the settings to their system and needs.

So, are you looking for a specific template for Windows or some application or general "tips to secure" Windows?

Peace...

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/914678

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice