See 'mp3' instead of 'cda' in Win Explorer

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Themis

Does anyone know if there's a tool to see the CD-Text (and the format) in the Windows Explorer?
Normally there's just 'Track 01.cda' (as we all know ;) ), I would like to see 'Beethoven_Sinf_9.mp3' instead, even if the CD is an self-burned audio-CD or a bought one.

(This has been an answer in another thread but I thought it better to make a new thread because others might be interested in this topic, too.)

Are you using 'mp3' just as an example, because you'll never see an mp3 file on an audio CD, there's none on there. Outside of a media player, all you'll see are the .cda files.
In WMP it'll show all the info you want except the file format, which is a type of PCM WAV file. Computers can only see the .cda files which point to where the music file is.
You have to digitally extract (rip) the audio to get an mp3 file.
I know some of the windows explorer replacement programmes are able to view/preview/thumbnail much more about many more file types than explorer, but I don't know how much info they can show from an Audio CD.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online