Seeing gibberish in Excel 2002

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bperiod

I open this excel file and can read numerals, but text is gibberish? I have Win XP w/OfficeXP. However my co-worker can read it no problem with Win98 w/Office97? How do I correct this?

What flavor of gibberish?

Have you gone to a cell full of gibber and changed the font and seen if you can read it then?

See if that changes it. Let us know.

- Castleheart :)

bperiod

Yes, I attempted to highlight a cell and change the font. No dice. When I open, the error message "file error: data may have been lost" shows. Click ok....opens with random characters and symbols in place of text? I opened w/Office97, saved, and chose yes to update. Can see text, but now random pieces of cells are being merged with others?

bperiod

It was saved in Excel 97. I am thinking the original version must be 95? Is it not compatible with XP?

From what I recall... doesn't Office XP have some sort of legacy conversion? I think it was supposed to ask when you first open it. I am pretty sure there should be an option for it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online