1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Seek error causes backup to fail

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ron40, Dec 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ron40

ron40 Thread Starter

I was making a differential backup of my "E" drive to my "I" drive, an external usb. The BU failed for the following reason:

Error: Backup aborted. Reason:
    Cannot add file "E:\Home Videos\Originals\uvs080818-003.avi" to "I:\B4All\Disk E\4_E.zip".
    Zip error:
    Seek error

Which drive was the error on, "E" or "I" ?
    I did an error check of the I drive using my computer-properties-tools-error check. The I drive was ok but I couldn't complete the E drive because i received a message that the drive is busy & it has to be dismounted. The message said to click "here" to dismount it but the dismount failed.
    The external drive is 500Gb & the E drive is 1 Tb.

2. ron40

ron40 Thread Starter

Additional info: my boot drive is "C." "E" is my data drive.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/968884

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice