1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Seeking most realistic falling snow simulation for desktop/screesaver

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by hhannam, Dec 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hhannam

hhannam Thread Starter

First Name:
    Dick
    I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could refer me to where I could find a high quality falling snow simulation. It can either be independent (transparent and active on all screens), or associated with any background. It will most likely be found as part of a holiday screensaver or animated wallpaper, but I'll take it any way I can find it. I've searched extensively and can not find any very realistic simulations. Most use conspicuous and common symbols as snowflakes, seriously lack assorted effects, and just look too artificial and unrealistic.

At one time I had installed and used a screensaver associated with the attached desktop picuture (and this one has even been modified from the original picture with a superimposed Santa, snowman and snow puffs), but I somehow have lost it thru many computer changes. I have been unable to relocate it since, although the desktop picture alone was recently found on some sights. That screensaver had the best falling snow simualtion I've ever found, with shifting winds and speeds, and also a realistic snow concetration and depth perception. If you know where the that original screensaver can be found, I'd truly appreciate it.

Thanks for your interest......

Attached Files:

2. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

Are you looking for something free? If so, do be careful. I do not recommend free screensavers on the Web 'cause they come bundled up with adware and spyware.

3. hhannam

hhannam Thread Starter

First Name:
    Dick
    Thank you Phantom010 ~

To answer your question directly, the software may be free or not for free, but needs to be realistic. I am acutely aware of the adware/malware minefields in the "free screensavers" area, and I maneuver as carefully as I am able when searching that genre, but I have to say that I have been fortunate through the years (for the most part) when I have found desired samples. One example would be the screensaver I'm seeking again which was associated with the attached desktop picture. It was "free" when I originally downloaded and installed it. But I appreciate your warning in any case

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1031783