Seemingly partial one-way networking out of nowhere?

TsengtheTurk

Hello, first post and already having problems.

A few days ago my roomate and I could game together and share screens just fine on discord. Now, we're having issues with the LAN I think.
For example, on discord, when sharing screens, I can hear, but not see anything, yet when I share, they can hear and see just fine.
In Minecraft, I time out trying to connect to the LAN server every time.
I can see their system in the home network, but I have no idea what's wrong at this point.

I'm running windows 7 if that helps. I'll answer any questions I can to get this running again.

Maybe you need SMB v1 on tbe other PC, is that PC Win 10?

What OS is the Minecraft LAN server using?

TsengtheTurk

We were able to connect fine with each other a week ago, suddenly its like I described.

My system (connecting system) is Win 7, hosting PC is Win 10 (same system hosting the minecraft map by opening to LAN)

Did you update your graphics card driver? Go to Control Panel > Device Manager, find the video driver, right click and choose Update.

TsengtheTurk

I've removed the firewall as a possibility. it's disabled entirely on my system (Windows 7) and turned off on the hosting system (Windows 10)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts