1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

seemingly random lockups?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by ironhalo, Dec 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ironhalo

ironhalo Thread Starter

i recently built a new computer not a month ago. lately its been proned to completely lock up on me, both when its under load and when its doing next to nothing. it locks up, no mouse movement but winamp will finish the song its on. also, after i reboot it i lose all settings/cookies that i was doing.

i think its related to:
    a: overheating? ive seen my proc run as hot as 55C

b: some sort of software confllict, specifically trillian i think? although i just got the new patch that fixes crashes..

c: something to do with my motherboard overclock AI?

d: i also noticed my power supply fan runs around 1500 rpms. kinda low,but the symptoms dont seem to denote a power failure

system specs:

asus p4p800E deluxe
    3.06 ghz pentium 4 HT, 800 mhz fsb, 1 mb L2 cache
    ATi fireGL Z1 128 mb
    1 gig 2700 ddr ram from crucial. soon to be 2 gigs

thanks!!

2. ironhalo

ironhalo Thread Starter

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!