1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Segate 1tb

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by nicholasp7, May 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. nicholasp7

nicholasp7 Thread Starter

I have a seagate 1tb drive that has been nothing but issues. I have RMA'ed this drive once before as it crashed. Now it has again and it wont let me reformat. It's not under warranty as I have a RMA drive. Any help would be nice. I have never ran anything other than microsoft security essentials and recently got AVG antivirus just to be sure im safe. I dont go to any odd sites really as this is a gaming computer and I dont want to browse the internet with it. Thanks for all the help!

2. replay

replay

Seagates warranty on a RMA drive

Q. How long is the limited warranty for the replacement drive?
    A. The remainder of the original limited warranty or 90 days, whichever is longer.

3. replay

replay

Are u saying you are running MSE
    and AVG antivirus together??? That is a big NO NO

4. nicholasp7

which should i run? I have never had 2 but recently i talked with a computer lady and she said i could use both as i thought that was a nono.... 90 days is out and i've had the drive for over 4 years probably (that's the time of purchase for the first drive not the rma'ed drive)..

5. replay

replay

Used to use avg........now run MSE.......if the warranty is up,you will have to bite the bullet and buy a new drive

6. nicholasp7

Thanks for the help on the HD just bought a 120gb ssd drive to run games from..... You saying i should get rid of avg and use MSE? Also i have another question.... I have a 120gb ssd that i have my OS on and such what is the best way to back that up to another drive incase it fails i wont loose everything else.....

7. replay

replay

Yes just use MSE
    I always get my ssd ( boot drive) just the way I like it ( music,photos,programs etc)
    Then buy another ssd and CLONE IT
    That way any problems you can connect the clone and u are running in 2 minutes

8. nicholasp7

ok, how do i set it up to clone? that's what i'll do once i get it. and i'll remove AVG thanks for that note as well

9. replay

replay

10. nicholasp7

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1126185

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice