1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Seiko Smart Label Printer Pro 2000

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Tatonka442, Jan 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tatonka442

Tatonka442 Thread Starter

I have this printer, and have had it boxed for years. I last used it on Win98 and now I would like to use it on XP home. I hooked it up to my USB port, but when I go to system there is a yellow question mark on it. I have tried to download all kinds of software and drivers for this to get it to work, but no luck. Does anyone know the software and drivers i need, and where I might download them so I can use it without buying a new one?

2. AtlBo

AtlBo

This top one at the below link says it will work for XP 32 and 64 bit versions of XP for certain versions of the Smart Label Pro printer:

http://www.siibusinessproducts.com/usa/support/slpsoft.asp

You say it's a model 2000, but could it be one of the following model numbers?

Smart Label Priner 100, 200, 240, 410, 420, 430, 440 and 450

These are the model numbers of the Smart Label Printer mentioned. I was unable to locate a driver that specifically mentioned a Smart Label 2000 Pro

If you cannot find any reference to your Seiko SLP 2000 Pro printer being also known by one of the above model numbers, that doesn't necessarily mean it is not one of them or that the driver won't work. The driver comes from the Seiko site, so it is a safe download, and it is for your OS, assuming you have XP (guess you wouldn't be on the XP board if you didn't).

Perhaps you could create a restore point using Windows System Restore and then download the top driver and install it. If it doesn't work, you can always uninstall it or use the system restore point to do so...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1085199

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice