Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

" Selected task "{0}" no longer exists" Windows 7 64bit

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  dbailey18 
#1 ·
I came across this error in the Task Scheduler when checking scheduled task and it happened as soon as the application was opened so I did a little searching and found out the first occurrence was due to the Defrag schedule and found a solution for that here :

[/URL][/IMG]

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...s/01e60fa1-8004-40b4-9cf0-247fb80edb56?auth=1

So now that took care of that error and decided to check a few more folders and sure enough I located another error of the same having to do with the AppID folder in the TaskScheduler Windows folder and it seems as though the PolicyConverter entry is missing from the task scheduler in this folder and more than likely from the Reg. I have not done a search there yet but it is located in the Windows Task folder system files . I will cut to the quick here and ask shouldn't I be able to import export that entry from a system Reg that has the entry to the system that does not have the entry and reboot and go back into the TaskScheduler to see if the entry is there now ? Of course I would first back up the system Reg or probably just do a complete back up first the continue .

I have attached some more Images for anyone's ? if need be .

I preformed sfc /scannow more than once with no results .

The images below are from a working system .

Attachments

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.