1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Selecting a printer

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Geezer77, Jan 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Geezer77

Geezer77 Thread Starter

Running WindowsXP with SP2. Word 2003. OE6. IE6. Have HP 1210 all-in-one and Canon BJC2010. Both work fine. Problem when I wish to print a document, or e-mail text, or whatever, and click on ctrl+P, or use File menu, or whatever, I always get the printer I do not want to use. I use the HP for scanning and copying, particularly in color, and prefer the Canon for regular printing from Word or OE or IE. But somehow each time, I get the HP rather than the Canon. Now on the window for printing they always have a list of options, so this is not a crisis, just a request to lower the nuisance titre a bit. There should be a place to go to select a default printer. Could one of you experts advise?
    Thanks. Geezer77

2. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

You need to set whichever printer you want to use most of the time as the default printer.

3. Dr Dave

Dr Dave

Control Panel> Printers and Faxes > chose the printer you want to make your default>left click > up at the top chose Printers > select default in drop down
    menu.

4. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

Don't even need to go that far. Just right click on the printer you want as the default and select Set as Default Printer.

5. Geezer77

Geezer77 Thread Starter

Thank you both ever so much. One minor nuisance to its just reward. "If it were to be done, best it were done quickly...," as spoken by the ambitious but ambivalent Scotsman.
    Geezer77

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/323793

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice