selecting pages from a word file

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

smuralisankar

i have a 150 page MS word file. I want to select certain sections of the file (the sections i want are 20 pages approx) and put them into separate word files. so how do i select only certain number of pages from MS word files?

operating system: windows vista
MS word version : 2007

I don't think you can (well, not directly). But you can highlight the material you want to extract, copy it, then paste it into a new document.

smuralisankar

yea. that is the default option. but if i want to select 15 pages , and want to do it 5- 10 times for different part of the doc then it is a very frustrating thing to do. i am sure there has to be a way.

You're welcome. I learned something as well - though I've used Word forever I've never used macros.

If you need help just let me know. I am proficient with macros and can walk you through the steps on how to create and run. Just let me know

Rollin

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online