Selection on Word2002

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

hrisula

Is there a way to select non-congruent areas in a Word text? (in Windows 2000) I tried ctrl key (like in Excel) but it does not work.

Thanks
Hrisula

hrisula

I tried it in various modes, and it does not work. What am I doing wrong?

Anne Troy

Anne
You must continue to hold the Ctrl and the Shift keys while you select the different areas.

Also, go to Tools-Options, General tab and make sure you don't have WordPerfect options checked.

That's all I can think of. I am print layout view when I do it.

hrisula

Thanks for your response...

I checked my options, no WordPerfect options are checked. I made sute that I am in print layout view. I also held both the ctrl & shift keys when I tried to select.... but, as soon as I start selecting something the previous selections is undone. Weird...

Anne Troy

Anne
Double-check your version. The title says Word 2002.

I am NOT able to do the same thing in Word 2000.

Hit the Help menu in Word, and then About MS word...

hrisula

Thanks. I checked it on another computer and it works!! You are perfectly right!!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online